Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice treat--tastes just like a candy bar.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2-1 cup chocolate chips
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Press into bottom of greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden brown (don't overbake).
- Spoon peanut butter over hot bars and sprinkle with chocolate chips, and spread when it softens.
- Tip: If you want a layer of peanut butter glazed with a layer of chocolate, do this.
- Melt the chocolate with 2 tbsp shortening over hot water, and drizzle the melted chocolate over the bars after smoothing out the peanut butter.
- Makes about 4 dozen.