Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very nice treat for the family.
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In large bowl, cream butter, syrup and sugar.
- Stir in rolled oats.
- With moistened hands press mixture firmly into well greased 10x15 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake for fifteen minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted chocolate and peanut butter.
- Spread on cookie base.
- Cut into bars while warm.
- Refrigerate for an hour or until topping is set.
- Store in a cool place.
- Makes 5 dozen.
This recipe was very easy to make. It sure is important to cut the bars when they are warm! My bars hardened quite a bit - especially at the outer edge. I only had creamy peanut butter and it seemed to me like there was too much of it. If I make these again, I definitely will use crunchy and not substitute with creamy. I think that really made a big difference.