Recipe by Dolly K
I got this recipe from someone I used to work with. My family loves this recipe due to it is almost like a Peanut Butter Cup. I hope you enjoy making this recipe & eating too. I have to make this every Christmas.
Top Review by Rita~
Rich and sweet! Hey GF! This was yummy! I used half butter and half smart balance to keep the trans fats down. Used 5 3/8 ounces low fat crackers = 1 sleeve = 1 3/4 cups finely crushed crackers. I opted to melt the chocolate in the micro for 2 min. Thanks bunches! I made for PAC http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=296583&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb powdered sugar (4 cups)
- 11 graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 -7 ounces Hershey Bars (bars used to be 8 oz. So you can use 2 1/2 7 oz bars, if you wish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients (except chocolate) in a bowl (with hands like meat loaf).
- Note: The more you mix it with your hands,the less messy it gets & comes off your hands easier.
- Dump it in a 13x9-inch pan.
- Pound it, pat it (spank) firmly in pan.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
- Pour melted chocolate over mixture in 13x9-inch pan.
- Bang pan flat on counter (it'll smooth out the chocolate).
- Refrigerate approximately 40 minutes or until it starts to harden.
- Then cut into approximately 8 rows & then across.
- I cut this into bite size pieces.
- (I use a pizza cutter. It really works well).
- Put back in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Best if kept refrigerated.