Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
My 9-year-old came running home from a playdate raving about this recipe. I must agree that it's pretty yummy.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- For cake, mix 2 cups sugar, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 cups flour, and 1/2 tsp salt; set aside.
- Mix 1 cup skim milk, 1 T vanilla, and 2 eggs; set aside.
- Bring to a boil in a medium saucepan 1 cup butter, 3/4 cup peanut butter, and 1 cup skim milk. After it comes to a boil remove it from the heat and add the sugar, soda, flour, and salt mixture, mixing well.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased jellyroll pan or 2 9x13 pans and bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool while preparing frosting.
- For frosting, bring to a boil 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and 6 T milk.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 lb powdered sugar; frost cake immediately and quickly.