My son-in-law remembered his grandmothers peanut butter cake from long ago. One of her daughters shared this very special recipe with me.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter or 1 cup crunchy peanut butter (your preference)
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter or 1 1⁄2 cups crunchy peanut butter (your preference)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cake: cream butter& sugar, add peanut butter, cream well and add eggs one at a time.
- Add combined dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Grease and flour 3 9" cake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Icing: Bring sugar and milk to a boil, boil about 7 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, butter and vanilla& beat until spreading consistency.