Recipe by TPubmgjbd
I have to carry a cake to work tomorrow for the January birthdays and dug this recipe out. It's an old standby of mine and my favorite peanut butter cake. This recipe is tried and true and well-loved.
Top Review by Carmen G
I made this cake with frosting from Peanut Butter Cake #27588. O my gosh, it was divine! I did not alter the cake recipe but for the frosting, I used milk instead of pineapple juice. Everybody LOVED it! Thanks
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and peanut butter.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine dry ingredients separately.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternatively with milk mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool before frosting.
- Frosting: Combine chocolate chips and half-and-half in top of a double boiler.
- Heat until melted and smooth.
- Blend in sugar.
- Set pan in ice and beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until frosting holds its shape.
- Frost cake and sprinkle with chopped peanuts, if desired.