Recipe by Vyrianna
Wonderfully delicious peanut butter cake best with chocolate frosting, If you make with Reese's Peanut Butter and a milk chocolate frosting, it's very much like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. This recipe makes a smaller 8x8 cake. If you make a triple batch it is enough for one layer in a 12" cake pan with a dozen cupcakes. I also recommend that you use a creamy peanut butter simply because if there is some left over the nuts well get "soggy" in the cake.
Top Review by alligirl
Moist and delicious, this is currently being devoured by my DS. I also snuck a little taste and can't wait for my piece later! I used a milk chocolate frosting, as recommended, and this little cake is really something! Easy enough to bake and share, I will tuck this away for a quick homemade cake, ready to serve pretty quickly. Cheers to this cake with a big glass of milk! Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe, Vyrianna.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 78.07 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 85.04 g milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 8x8 inch pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan.