Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Peanut butter is one of my very favorite things to eat and cook with. This cake is scrumptious.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place butter, peanut butter and sugar in the bowl of your food processor.
- Using steel blade, process till smooth.
- While machine is running, add eggs one at a time; then add buttermilk.
- Add dry ingredients which have been sifted together.
- Pulse until combined.
- Add vanilla and pulse once.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13x2-inch pan; bake 45 minutes.
- Frosting: Place butter, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl of food processor; process until well blended.
- Add Juice a small amount at a time and process till of a spreading consistency.
- Frost COOLED cake.
i made just the cake with a different frosting but the cake seemed too light and dry. if i made it again i would add some oats and do something to keep it moister. i did make it a sheet cake but i wasnt overly impressed. i topped it with delicious pb chocolate frosting though so that helped it a lot. i do like that it had less butter than other recipes.
I made mine into a 9" double layer cake... the layers were a little short, but no one seemed to mind (an 8" pan probably would have worked perfectly). I baked each layer for about 24 minutes at 325. I also made twice the amount of icing to be sure I had enough (I did basket weave and flowers so needed extra, but had plenty leftover) and also used the milk instead of juice-- whole or half&half might be better. thanks for a great recipe!
Awesome recipe! I am enjoying my 4th piece today :). I baked it for just 32 minutes and it came out perfect; I suspect 45 is a little too long. I also upped the peanut butter in the cake to a 1/2 cup, which doubtless affected the baking time (though I would have expected it to increase it...). Potentially because of my addition but maybe not, the cake ended up slightly dry. I'm really just nitpicking though; this is an excellent cake that tastes phenomenal!