Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Peanut butter is one of my very favorite things to eat and cook with. This cake is scrumptious.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place butter, peanut butter and sugar in the bowl of your food processor.
- Using steel blade, process till smooth.
- While machine is running, add eggs one at a time; then add buttermilk.
- Add dry ingredients which have been sifted together.
- Pulse until combined.
- Add vanilla and pulse once.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x13x2-inch pan; bake 45 minutes.
- Frosting: Place butter, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl of food processor; process until well blended.
- Add Juice a small amount at a time and process till of a spreading consistency.
- Frost COOLED cake.
i made just the cake with a different frosting but the cake seemed too light and dry. if i made it again i would add some oats and do something to keep it moister. i did make it a sheet cake but i wasnt overly impressed. i topped it with delicious pb chocolate frosting though so that helped it a lot. i do like that it had less butter than other recipes.
I made mine into a 9" double layer cake... the layers were a little short, but no one seemed to mind (an 8" pan probably would have worked perfectly). I baked each layer for about 24 minutes at 325. I also made twice the amount of icing to be sure I had enough (I did basket weave and flowers so needed extra, but had plenty leftover) and also used the milk instead of juice-- whole or half&half might be better. thanks for a great recipe!
Awesome recipe! I am enjoying my 4th piece today :). I baked it for just 32 minutes and it came out perfect; I suspect 45 is a little too long. I also upped the peanut butter in the cake to a 1/2 cup, which doubtless affected the baking time (though I would have expected it to increase it...). Potentially because of my addition but maybe not, the cake ended up slightly dry. I'm really just nitpicking though; this is an excellent cake that tastes phenomenal!