Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Copy Kat Chat.
- 18 ounces yellow butter recipe cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. Set aside.
- For cake, cream together peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy.Add eggs one at time mixing well after each one. Add cake mix alternately with the water; stirring until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool in pan for 10 minutes on wire rack; turn out onto rack to cool completely. Frost when cool.
- Gradually stir milk into flour in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until very thick. Transfer to medium bowl; press plastic wrap directly on surface. Cool to room temperature, about 1/2 hour.
- Add sugar, peanut butter, shortening, vanilla and salt. Beat on high speed of mixer until frosting becomes fluffy and sugar is completely dissolved.