Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My aunt clipped this from the newspaper years ago.
- 3⁄4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Let butter, peanut butter, eggs and buttermilk come to room temperature for easy mixing - butter should be vey soft.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan or a 10 inch tube pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, peanut butter and eggs; add buttermilk and cream throughly.
- Add remaining ingredients. Beat a low speed with electric mixer for 30 seconds, then at medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl often. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, then lower heat to 325 degrees and bake 20 minutes more or until top springs back when lightly pressed with fingertips.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Turn out and cool completely before frosting.
- PEANUT BUTTER TOPPPING: Combine 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, 1 cup powdered sugar and 4 to 5 T. buttermilk.