Recipe by Chef'sLi'l Helper
I got this recipe as a "Teller Recipe" mailed by my local bank. I haven't tried it yet, but it looked tasty and simple so I thought I should post it anyway.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and Flour Sheet Cake Pan.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix Cake Ingredients and Pour in a Pan.
- Bake for 30 Minutes.
- Remove from Oven and Poke Holes in Cake with Fork.
- Put Icing Ingredients (except for peanut butter) in a Heavy Boiler while Cake is Baking.
- Bring to Rapid Boil and Cook for 1 Minute on Medium to High Heat.
- Remove from Boiler and Stir in Peanut Butter.
- Pour Icing over Cake while Hot.
- Let Cool for 4 hours.