Recipe by Mary Jenny
The pairing of peanut butter and chocolate is always a crowd favourite and this irresistible cookie recipe is also sure to delight. Additional recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup tbsp granulated sugar (45 mL)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 28 miniature peanut butter cups
- icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. Place butter and peanut butter in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on high until very creamy.
- 3. Beat in ½ cup (125 mL) sugar until well blended. Then beat in egg yolks, one at a time, scraping down sides as needed. Beat in vanilla and then flour until combined.
- 4. Place 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar in a shallow dish. Form dough into 1-inch (2.5-cm) balls, and roll in the sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Use your finger to press into centre of each dough ball to form an indent.
- 5. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, place a peanut butter cup in indent and then continue to bake until golden and set, about 6 to 8 more minutes.
- 6. Remove to a rack to cool completely. When completely cool, dust with icing sugar.