Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Kids will have a ball making these rich treats. Although the centers are traditionally creamy, you can add graham crackers to the mix if you prefer crunchy. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 whole graham crackers, pulverized into crumbs (optional)
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper; set it aside. Using a wooden spoon, mix together the peanut butter, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and graham crackers, if desired, in a large bowl. (The dough will look dry.)
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Set them on the prepared cookie sheet and insert a toothpick into each ball. Chill them in the freezer until hard, about 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl set atop a pot of simmering water over medium-high heat. Stir continuously until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat. Using the toothpick as a handle, dip the balls into the melted chocolate, leaving a small circle at the top uncovered. Place the dipped candies back on the cookie sheet and refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 2 hours. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
5 Stars... OMG. I have died and gone to heaven. These are absolutely to die for! Thank you for sharing!