Recipe by HokiesMom
Found this on the Kellogg's website and I have to put it here for safe-keeping. The twist is using cornflake crumbs instead of flour in the recipe.
- 2 cups corn flakes (or equivalent of 1/2 c corn flake crumbs)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares (2 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together corn flakes, baking powder, salt and nuts. Set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over very low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and peanut butter to the chocolate mixture; stir until combined.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Stir in cereal mixture.
- Spread in 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes or until done. Cut into bars when cool.