Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from an old Quick Cooking magazine. They have a wonderful cream cheese and peanut butter filling that makes them unique and tasty.
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, melted
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml baking cocoa
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml milk chocolate chips
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml creamy peanut butter
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients; add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Set aside 1 cup of batter for topping.
- Spread remaining batter into greased 9x13 inch pan.
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and milk, beating on low until just combined.
- Carefully spread over brownie batter.
- Drop reserved batter by tablespoons over filling.
- Cut through with knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting.
I made these to take to a get together with my teenager. Not only did they love them but one parent told me her daughter hated peanut butter but loved these brownies. I basically followed the recipe only I used lite butter and cream cheese and dark chocolate chips. These were great and I came home with an empty dish. 5 stars for taste and ease of making,a great recipe. Thanks for posting.
Yummy! We really liked these! Thanks for the great recipe! I will be making them often!!!
Awesome brownies! Everyone who has tried them loved them, they're worth a little more effort over the boxed kind. Thanks!