Recipe by Rach2
I got this recipe from an old Quick Cooking magazine. They have a wonderful cream cheese and peanut butter filling that makes them unique and tasty.
Top Review by howabout_that
I made these to take to a get together with my teenager. Not only did they love them but one parent told me her daughter hated peanut butter but loved these brownies. I basically followed the recipe only I used lite butter and cream cheese and dark chocolate chips. These were great and I came home with an empty dish. 5 stars for taste and ease of making,a great recipe. Thanks for posting.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients; add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Set aside 1 cup of batter for topping.
- Spread remaining batter into greased 9x13 inch pan.
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and milk, beating on low until just combined.
- Carefully spread over brownie batter.
- Drop reserved batter by tablespoons over filling.
- Cut through with knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting.