Recipe by Denise Nachtigal
Yet ANOTHER mother in law recipe! (She has all the great ones!) This one makes a spectacular, rich, creamy, peanut butter brownie that will have you tying your fridge shut in order to not eat the whole pan in one shot. Very fattening, very yummy, and VERY addictive.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in a seperate bowl, and add to egg mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Set aside 1 cup for topping.
- Spread remaining batter in a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and milk, beating on low just until combined.
- Carefully spred over the batter.
- Drop reserved batter by tablespoon-fuls over filling.
- Cut through batter with knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
- Refrigerate until serving.