Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yet ANOTHER mother in law recipe! (She has all the great ones!) This one makes a spectacular, rich, creamy, peanut butter brownie that will have you tying your fridge shut in order to not eat the whole pan in one shot. Very fattening, very yummy, and VERY addictive.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in a seperate bowl, and add to egg mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Set aside 1 cup for topping.
- Spread remaining batter in a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and milk, beating on low just until combined.
- Carefully spred over the batter.
- Drop reserved batter by tablespoon-fuls over filling.
- Cut through batter with knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
- Refrigerate until serving.
These are like peanut butter fudge marries a brownie! I just had these at my friend Sue's house - to die for. DH asked her for the recipe. I was going to post it but here it is!!
Please tell your MIL we thought this recipe was Perfect!!! The peanut butter layer wasn't so sweet that it overpowered the great chocolate taste. A great combo. For a quicker version, I may try using a packaged brownie mix with the PB layer.Thanks so much for posting!