Recipe by Denise in NH
For all you peanut butter lovers!
Top Review by 1TexasLizard
Not having a 15x10x1 pan, I halved the recipe and used a 9x13. This was very easy to make, but I believe I must have overbaked it. The mixture was thick and almost dough-like and the finished texture was rather dry and did not make me think "brownie". However, the fact that I prefer moist/fudgy brownies might also be affecting my judgement. Well worth trying for peanut butter fans.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine shortening, peanut butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl and mix well at low speed of mixer.
- Add flour mixture and mix only until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped peanuts.
- Spread in a greased 15x10x1 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.