Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe could look intimidating because of the time involved but the steps are really very simple. If you are a peanut and chocolate lover you must try it!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, divided
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 18 ounces chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 10 large marshmallows
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 1 15X10 inch baking dish (13x9 would be fine).
- In a saucepan melt 1 cup butter and stir in 1/2 cup of the cocoa. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Add flour and salt gradually. Beat in cocoa mixture. Transfer to greased baking dish and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until middle has set.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave peanut butter for two minutes. Spread onto brownies and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
- In the saucepan melt the remaining butter and add the remaining cocoa, milk, and marshmallows. Whisk until melted and combine. Add confectioners sugar and whisk until combined and no lumps remain. Cool slightly and spread on top of peanut butter layer. Refrigerate 30 minutes to set.