Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Filled with chocolate chips and a chocolate ganache frosting, these are super delicious. I found this recipe in Gourmet Magazine.
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350F with the rack in the middle.
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch baking pan, then line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and butter the parchment.
- Beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until mixture is light and fluffy, then add peanut butter and beat until incorporated.
- Beat in whole eggs, egg yolk and vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low and mix in flour until just combined.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips, then spread the batter in the baking pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake until the brownies are deep golden, puffed on top, and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with some crumbs adhering, approximately 40-45 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan for about 1 1/2 hours.
- To make the ganache: Put 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl.
- Bring the cream to a boil in a small saucepan, then pour over chocolate chips and let mixture stand one minute.
- Gently whisk in butter until it is incorporated, chocolate is melted, and a smooth mixture forms.
- Spread ganache on cooled brownies and let stand until set, about 15 minutes. Cut into 32 bars.