Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the 1961 "Lutheran Favorites" of St. James Lutheran Church, Howard Lake, Minnesota. Submitted by Mrs. August Speigner. This recipe contains no leavening. I love peanut butter so I can't wait to try these!
- Cream shortening, peanut butter, and add sugar.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Place in greased 8 x 11 or 8 inch square pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cut in bars and roll in powdered sugar if desired or frost thin with almost any kind of frosting.
Very Good. Easy to make. I did not frost them and they were still delicious.