Recipe by LonghornMama
Posted by request. Rich peanut butter brownies with peanut butter frosting. Uses natural peanut butter. From America's Favorite Food Associations.
Top Review by Karmology Clinic
This was great. I used just one cup of powdered sugar instead of three to make the frosting. I believe that with 3 cups it would turn out too sweet. Five stars recipe nevertheless!!!
- 1 (16 ounce) jar natural-style peanut butter, divided (such as Smucker's Natural Chunky, Laura Scudder's Old Fashioned Nutty or Adams 100% Natural Crunchy)
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted and divided
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -5 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup peanut butter morsels (optional) or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir peanut butter until evenly mixed throughout; measure after stirring.
- Combine brown sugar, 1 1/4 c peanut butter and 1/2 c butter in medium bowl; mix until smooth. Stir eggs; beat until well-mixed.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into peanut butter mixture. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour into greased 13x9 baking pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides. Cool on wire rack.
- Combine remaining peanut butter, remaining butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 T milk. Beat until smooth. Stir in remaining milk until frosting is spreading consistency. Spread over brownies.