Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted by request. Rich peanut butter brownies with peanut butter frosting. Uses natural peanut butter. From America's Favorite Food Associations.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar natural-style peanut butter, divided (such as Smucker's Natural Chunky, Laura Scudder's Old Fashioned Nutty or Adams 100% Natural Crunchy)
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted and divided
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -5 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup peanut butter morsels (optional) or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir peanut butter until evenly mixed throughout; measure after stirring.
- Combine brown sugar, 1 1/4 c peanut butter and 1/2 c butter in medium bowl; mix until smooth. Stir eggs; beat until well-mixed.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into peanut butter mixture. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour into greased 13x9 baking pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides. Cool on wire rack.
- Combine remaining peanut butter, remaining butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 T milk. Beat until smooth. Stir in remaining milk until frosting is spreading consistency. Spread over brownies.
This was great. I used just one cup of powdered sugar instead of three to make the frosting. I believe that with 3 cups it would turn out too sweet. Five stars recipe nevertheless!!!
These were VERY easy and so delicious!!! I used 1/2 cup peanute butter morsels and 1/2 cup chocolate chips and the combination was divine. Great texture and JUST what I wanted as a snack. Thank you Longhorn Mama....this is a new favorite recipe for me.