Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wonderful easy dessert that a mom brought to one of my daughters celebration parties at school. The kids scarfed the entire bowl!
- 606.67 g package Deluxe peanut butter brownie mix or 606.67 g package chocolate peanut butter brownie mix
- 144.58 g package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 709.77 ml milk
- 118.29 ml creamy peanut butter
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml whipping cream, whipped and divided
- 591.47 ml coarsely chopped peanut butter cups
- peanut butter cup, sliced
- Line a 13"x9"x2" pan with a large sheet of aluminum foil, allowing foil to extend 2" out of both ends of dish.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, using packets included in package.
- Bake according to package directions in prepared pan.
- Cool completely.
- Lift foil out of pan.
- Invert brownies onto cutting board; remove foil.
- Cut brownies into 3/4" pieces, using a sharp knife.
- Combine vanilla pudding mix and milk in a large mixing bowl; beat at low speed of an electric mixer 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Gently fold in half of whipped cream.
- Set remaining whipped cream aside (about 1 cup).
- Place half of brownies in bottom of a 3-quart trifle bowl; top with 1 1/4 cups chopped peanut butter cup candies and half of pudding.
- Repeat layers with remaining half of brownies, 1 1/4 cups peanut butter cup candies, and pudding.
- Pipe or spoon reserved whipped cream over trifle.
- Garnish if desired.
This was the definate hit of 'Zaar Day! A great twist on the "Death by Chocolate" recipe that's been done to death! This was so good I'm making another batch of this to take to work! One of the best deserts I've ever tasted...thanks Caryn!!
Gotta admit, I was lazy and didnt want to heat the house up with the oven on, so I bought a 13x9 pan of pre baked brownies at the bakery/grocery then sprinkled in some peanut butter chips. My trifle bowl is huge so I had to double everything and I used cool whip instead of the real stuff. Not only did it look great, this tasted fantastic and there was none left! Kids were in "sugar coma land" and the adults were in heaven. I loved the peanut butter flavor of the pudding. TOO GOOD!!!!!
This is rich and delicious. I have made it three times for church functions and I took first prize in a dessert contest with the recipe at the our annual chili cookoff. The only difference in mine is that I used the "fudgy" type (chocolate) brownie mix and mixed a bag of peanut butter chips into the mix before baking it. I also used Cool Whip, I imagine that using the real stuff would make this really incredible! This recipe is a real winner.