Wonderful easy dessert that a mom brought to one of my daughters celebration parties at school. The kids scarfed the entire bowl!
- 1 (21 1/2 ounce) package Deluxe peanut butter brownie mix or 1 (21 1/2 ounce) package chocolate peanut butter brownie mix
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped and divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped peanut butter cups
- peanut butter cup, sliced
- Line a 13"x9"x2" pan with a large sheet of aluminum foil, allowing foil to extend 2" out of both ends of dish.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, using packets included in package.
- Bake according to package directions in prepared pan.
- Cool completely.
- Lift foil out of pan.
- Invert brownies onto cutting board; remove foil.
- Cut brownies into 3/4" pieces, using a sharp knife.
- Combine vanilla pudding mix and milk in a large mixing bowl; beat at low speed of an electric mixer 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Gently fold in half of whipped cream.
- Set remaining whipped cream aside (about 1 cup).
- Place half of brownies in bottom of a 3-quart trifle bowl; top with 1 1/4 cups chopped peanut butter cup candies and half of pudding.
- Repeat layers with remaining half of brownies, 1 1/4 cups peanut butter cup candies, and pudding.
- Pipe or spoon reserved whipped cream over trifle.
- Garnish if desired.