Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm not a chocolate fan (atleast not the kind made in the U.S.), but I LOVE peanut butter and chocolate and this hit the spot. I found the recipe in 2007 Taste of Home Annual Recipes, and I followed as listed except I didn't have unsweetened chocolate. Joy of Cooking said to use 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa plus an additional tablespoon of butter per ounce as a substitute. So I used 9 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa and 3 additional tablespoons of butter which worked like a charm. Thank you Taste of Home and Joy of Cooking for your help with substitutions.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the peanut butter, brown sugar, and 2 tablespoons flour until blended and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter. Stir until smooth and cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and water. Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- Combine the baking powder and remaining flour and add to the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups 1/4 full. Top each with a teaspoon of peanut butter mixture.
- Spoon remaining batter over top.
- Bake at 350 for 13 to 15 minutes or until centers are set (do not overbake).
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.