Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious rich tasting soft cookie that is quick and easy to make. If you love brownies or peanut butter give these a try. The original recipe (Pillsbury Bake Off - 41 Contest submitted by Deb McGowan) calls for 1-cup peanut butter and 1 cup powder sugar. I had lots left over so I have decreased it to 3/4 cup each on this recipe. The 1st batch I didn't press the peanut butter ball down enough but still tasted great. Make sure you let them cool as the peanut butter holds the heat and you may burn your mouth.
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) box fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cansready to spread chocolate fudge frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat Brownie mix, melted butter, cream cheese and egg with spoon until well blended (dough will be sticky).
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet to make 24 cookies.
- Place approximately 2 inches apart.
- In another bowl mix peanut butter and powdered sugar with spoon until mixture forms a ball.
- With hands, roll teaspoonfuls peanut butter mixture into 24 balls.
- Lightly press 1 ball into center of each ball of dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are set.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool at least 30 minutes.
- Spread thin layer of frosting over peanut butter portion of each cooled cookie (frosting optional).
THANK YOU! This recipe saved me. My husband showed up to work only to call me at 9am asking if I could make something by noon for his office holiday potluck, which he forgot about. Not easy with a house full of 4 under the age of 5! I needed something delicious enough to send into his work, but quick enough that I could do with 4 kids under foot. This recipe was a grand slam! Made it in under 30 mins, including bake time! My husband said they were the best things I've ever made. My daughter and I are preparing to make 3 more batches today for cookie trays to give to the neighbors :-) Thanks for sharing Heather!
These are my favorite cookies! My sister and I found the recipe a few years ago, and they are delicious! I was actually just going to post it, but decided to make sure it wasn't already on here. Well, apparently I won't have to post it anymore. (:
I found this in Pillsbury Christmas 2009. The peanut butter part is what makes the cookie. Love this.