A delicious rich tasting soft cookie that is quick and easy to make. If you love brownies or peanut butter give these a try. The original recipe (Pillsbury Bake Off - 41 Contest submitted by Deb McGowan) calls for 1-cup peanut butter and 1 cup powder sugar. I had lots left over so I have decreased it to 3/4 cup each on this recipe. The 1st batch I didn't press the peanut butter ball down enough but still tasted great. Make sure you let them cool as the peanut butter holds the heat and you may burn your mouth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat Brownie mix, melted butter, cream cheese and egg with spoon until well blended (dough will be sticky).
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet to make 24 cookies.
- Place approximately 2 inches apart.
- In another bowl mix peanut butter and powdered sugar with spoon until mixture forms a ball.
- With hands, roll teaspoonfuls peanut butter mixture into 24 balls.
- Lightly press 1 ball into center of each ball of dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are set.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool at least 30 minutes.
- Spread thin layer of frosting over peanut butter portion of each cooled cookie (frosting optional).