Recipe by grandma2969
Someone brought these into work and they were yummy..love to make them for my grandchildren.
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) boxtraditional brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese (from 8 oz pkg)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 0.5 (16 ounce) canready-to-spread chocolate fudge frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 350*.
- In medium bowl, beat brownie mix, melted butter, cream cheese and egg 50 strokes with spoon until well blended( dough will be sticky).
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets to make 24 cookies, smooth edges of each to form round cookie.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and peanut butter with spoon until mixture forms a ball.
- With hands, roll rounded teaspoonfuls peanut butter mixture into 24 balls.
- Lightly press 1 ball into center of each ball of dough.
- Bake at 350* for 10-14 minutes or until edges are set.
- Cool 1 minutes, remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool at least 30 minutes.
- Spread thin layer of canned frosting over peanut butter portion of each cookie.