Recipe by weekend cooker
Creamy peanut butter, crunchy nuts, and crisp cereal .. these treats will appeal to adults, and children. Cooking time includes 2 hour refrigeration time.
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 12 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.
- Spread into a greased 13x9 baking pan and bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Sprinkle with peanut butter cups and peanuts, and bake 4-6 minutes longer, or until chocolate is melted.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter, and salt.
- Cook and stir until the chips are melted, and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat, and stir in rice cereal, and vanilla extract.
- Carefully spread over brownies.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.