Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great bar cookie/brownies. These are a favorite at our family summer picnics!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, oil and egg until crumbly. Set aside 1 cup for topping.
- Firmly press remaining mixture into a greased 13" x 9" baking pan; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, chocolate, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until brownies pull away from the pan.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 24 bars.
- Note: You can use 3/4 cup of peanut butter for more peanut butter flavor or try adding peanut butter chips to the batter.
- For a finer topping I put the 1 cup of reserved cake mix toping in my food processer for a few seconds before sprinkling on the top of the batter.
These were easy and tasty. I left the chocolate chips whole (mostly because I misread the recipe) and they still turned out delicious. I would definitely make them this way on purpose next time. Thanks for the recipe!
Great recipe! I used a mix of bittersweet and dark chocolate chips as that was all I had. I also added a little more peanut butter. Thanks for sharing!