Recipe by internetnut
I found this recipe in Family Circle magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping. I plan to use sugar free peanut brittle, all natural peanut butter, and Splenda brand sugars.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces peanut brittle
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375. Place flour in a medium bowl. Break apart peanut brittle into a food processor. Pulse until brittle is finely crushed (you should have about 3/4 cup). Add to bowl of flour, along with baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add brown sugar and 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar. Beat until light in color, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until smooth, scraping down side of bowl. On low speed, beat in flour mixture.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl. Roll 1/4 cup dough into a ball; coat in sugar. Transfer dough balls to ungreased baking sheets and flatten with a 3-inch round ramekin. Use fork tines to make "+" marks on cookies.
- Bake cookies in 375 oven for 13-15 minutes or until edges are browned and cookies are set. Rotate pans halfway through baking. Transfer baked cookies to wire racks to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Store cookies at room temp in airtight container up to 2 weeks.