I found this recipe in Family Circle magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping. I plan to use sugar free peanut brittle, all natural peanut butter, and Splenda brand sugars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375. Place flour in a medium bowl. Break apart peanut brittle into a food processor. Pulse until brittle is finely crushed (you should have about 3/4 cup). Add to bowl of flour, along with baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add brown sugar and 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar. Beat until light in color, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until smooth, scraping down side of bowl. On low speed, beat in flour mixture.
- 3Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl. Roll 1/4 cup dough into a ball; coat in sugar. Transfer dough balls to ungreased baking sheets and flatten with a 3-inch round ramekin. Use fork tines to make "+" marks on cookies.
- 4Bake cookies in 375 oven for 13-15 minutes or until edges are browned and cookies are set. Rotate pans halfway through baking. Transfer baked cookies to wire racks to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 5Store cookies at room temp in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Brittle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.8
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.0 mg
- Sodium 237.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g