1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Breakfast Sandwiches
Kids of all ages will wait for breakfast when you serve toasted French bread stuffed with peanut butter, honey, and banana.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter or 1/2 cup regular peanut butter
- 8 slices French bread (1/2-inch think)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves (any flavor) or 1/2 cup jam (any flavor)
- 1Spread peanut butter evenly onto one side of each slice of bread snd drizzle honey over the peanut butter.
- 2Cut each banana in half lengthwise and then cut in half crosswise (8 pieces total). Arrange 2 banana pieces on 4 of the prepared bread slices.
- 3Top with remaining bread slices, peanut butter-sides down.
- 4In a shallow bowl combine eggs, milk, and cinnamon.
- 5Carefully dip sandwiches into egg mixture, coating both sides.
- 6Melt butter in a large skillet or on a large griddle over medium heat.
- 7Cook sandwiches in hot butter about 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- 8Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat fruit preserves over medium-low heat until melted, stirring frequently.
- 9To serve, cut warm sandwiches in half crosswise. Drizzle with warm fruit preserves.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Breakfast Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.2
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 431.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat peanut butter