Recipe by Annacia
Kids of all ages will wait for breakfast when you serve toasted French bread stuffed with peanut butter, honey, and banana.
Top Review by SweetySJD
Very, very good! I love the combination of peanut butter, bananas and honey, but have not thought to do this! I used a little more cinnamon than called for because I really like the taste and drizzled blueberry preserves over. Very hearty and satisfying and it was simple to make! Thanks Annacia!
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter or 1⁄2 cup regular peanut butter
- 8 slices French bread (1/2-inch think)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup fruit preserves (any flavor) or 1⁄2 cup jam (any flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread peanut butter evenly onto one side of each slice of bread snd drizzle honey over the peanut butter.
- Cut each banana in half lengthwise and then cut in half crosswise (8 pieces total). Arrange 2 banana pieces on 4 of the prepared bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread slices, peanut butter-sides down.
- In a shallow bowl combine eggs, milk, and cinnamon.
- Carefully dip sandwiches into egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Melt butter in a large skillet or on a large griddle over medium heat.
- Cook sandwiches in hot butter about 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat fruit preserves over medium-low heat until melted, stirring frequently.
- To serve, cut warm sandwiches in half crosswise. Drizzle with warm fruit preserves.