Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This came from my Electric Bread cookbook, I posted for 3 different capacities. Fun for kids and adults! Omit the vital wheat gluten if using bread flour.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (preferably creamy)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast (or 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast)
- Put the ingredients into your bread machine according to manufacturer's instructions and set to a 1.5-lb capacity. The books says you can use white, rapid, or delay bake cycles. I translate that as the Basic White cycle.
- For a small 1-lb loaf: 3/4 water, 1/3 cup peanut butter, 2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons gluten, 2 1/2 tbsp brown sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 tsp active dry yeast (or 1 tsp instant yeast.).
- For a larger 2-lb loaf: 1 1/2 cups water, 2/3 cup peanut butter, 4 cups flour, 4 tablespoons gluten, 5 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tsp salt, 3 1/2 tsp active dry yeast (or 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast.).