Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This loaf is great for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or toast topped with honey. Great for kids and adults alike.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (your choice creamy or crunchy)
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast (or 3 tsp. active dry yeast)
- Place ingredients in machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Operate machine on regular setting for 1-1/2 pound loaf.
- This recipe can also be made with rapid or delayed time bake cycles.
Originally got this recipe from an Electric Bread cookbook and I agree, it's a wonderful bread...I always make a loaf for any bake sales I do...Thanks for posting it!
Good bread, great texture and it went down a treat. No problems with slicing it and it keeps reasonably well for a second day [if it lasts that long!]
This was pretty good. I wonder if I could enhance the peanut butter flavor by adding more.. or maybe I might even try this: after a dough cycle, remove it and roll it out and apply a thin layer of peanut butter and then roll it up. Then let it rise in a pan and then bake it in the oven.. I'm just thinking out loud, but maybe I might try this...