Recipe by katew
Best eaten the day after it is made .
Top Review by Lalaloula
Kate, this is soooooooooo good! Wow, moist, fluffy and so tasty! The peanut taste comes through very nicely and is complemented very well by the nutty whole grain taste. YUM!
I had not issues with the dough being too dry. It came together perfectly and the bread baked up so nicely. It was moist and airy, just like I had hoped it would be.
I made half the recipe using a no sugar added organic chunky peanut butter. If I was to use a sweetened type, Id cut the sugar by half.
Since I had no loaf pan on hand I used a silicone muffin mold and got 5 muffins from half the recipe. They were gone faster than I could look. lol
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this delish treat with us!
Made and reviewed for Everyday Is A Holiday August 2010.
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter, a generous one
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, a generous one
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 8 x 4 in loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- Heat oven to 180 C.
- Sift flour and baking powder into bowl.
- Mix in peanut butter till mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in sugar and milk, beat thoroughly.
- Turn mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake for one hour.