Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
When my son was a toddler, this was his very favorite bread. Of course, it had to be served with peanut butter and jelly!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Combine the first seven ingredients.
- Cut in the peanut butter as if it were shortening.
- Blend the egg and milk together, and stir into the above mix.
- Mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes at 350.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan before removing bread.
I'm with the kid, this is great bread. Just slightly sweet, the crunch of the cornmeal, the rich chewiness of oats, and the highlight of it all - peanut butter- make this bread really special. A natural pairing for some homemade jam. Thank you, wildheart, this was a hit with the 50 year old "kid" I married.