Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Peanut Butter Cookbook, 101 Recipes with Peanut Butter, by CQ Products, ISBN-13: 978-1-56383-160-7
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Sift flour, soda, and salt together.
- Cream brown sugar and peanut butter.
- Add well beaten egg and stir in flavoring.
- Add flour mixture alternatively with buttermilk and blend well.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350 for 50 minutes.
- Cool to lukewarm before slicing.
- Note: When I made this, I halved the recipe and it baked in 30 minutes. I also omitted the sifting.
I subbed 3/4 of the all-purpose flour for bread flour, and used maple syrup instead of flavour. Turned out really well, and simple to make!
I made this as 6 jumbo muffins instead of a loaf, so my rating is based on that. These had a nice "crunchy" outer layer and were very soft and moist inside. And a great peanut butter flavor. I used 1/2 cup Splenda and 1/2 cup brown sugar, and used egg substitute. Also used 1 cup white flour and 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour. The muffins baked in 20 minutes. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.