- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, soda, and salt together.
- Cream brown sugar and peanut butter.
- Add well beaten egg and stir in flavoring.
- Add flour mixture alternatively with buttermilk and blend well.
- Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350 for 50 minutes.
- Cool to lukewarm before slicing.
- Note: When I made this, I halved the recipe and it baked in 30 minutes. I also omitted the sifting.