Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy to mix up and delicious to eat.
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix together peanut butter and milk with a mixer.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan 20 minutes.
- Remove to rack to finish cooling.
This was OK, but didn't have much flavour. It was also dry on the outside but very underdone in the middle. I used the loaf tin size that was specified in the recipe and baked it for about 5 minutes longer as a skewer inserted into it didn't come out clean after 45 minutes.
This was good, but I honestly think it needed something.
I picked this recipe as one of my PAC and I'm so glad I did. Althought I had trouble getting it done in the middle, it was an excellent Peanut Butter Bread. I haven't had this since my Nanny (grandmother) made it for us as kids. Brought back some great memories. Thanks for posting.