Recipe by Mary Scheffert
I love peanut butter! This bread is dense & rich, but it is sooooo good!!
Top Review by Mysterygirl
This was wonderful! I just finished my first piece, it was warm and I spread some strawberry jam on it! Talk about comfort food from heaven. I am thinking about getting some of that chocolate hazelnut spread to put on a piece. Try this you and your kids will love it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups milk
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 8 teaspoons baking powder (a lot is needed to make this rise)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350- lightly grease two loaf pans.
- In large mixer bowl, beat sugar, peanut butter& vanilla until light& fluffy.
- Blend in milk slowly, then add egg.
- Add dry ingredients& beat until smooth.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared 9x5 inch loaf pans, and bake 45-50 minutes, or until bread tests done with a toothpick.
- Let cool in pans 10 minutes, then turn loaves out& cool completely (top-sides up) on wire rack.