Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great way to feed bran to the kids. Uses very basic ingredients, and are quick and simple to make.WARNING: These are addictive. Chocolate chips are optional, but I think they make all the difference.
- 50 g wheat bran
- 150 g flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 150 g crunchy peanut butter (I use unsweetened)
- 250 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 50 g butter, melted
- 100 g semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- In a bowl, mix the bran with the flour, the salt, the brown sugar, and the baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, blend peanut butter with the milk. Add the eggs and the melted butter. Mix well.
- Incorporate liquids into initial flour preparation. Blend in chocolate chip (if using).
- Pour into muffin tins. Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean and muffins are golden.