Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great way to get extra fibre into your kids (or you). It is very quick to make and chances are you already have the ingredients at hand. Chocolate chips were not in the original recipe, but I think they make all the difference.
- 50 g wheat bran
- 150 g flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 150 g crunchy peanut butter
- 250 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 50 g butter, melted
- 100 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the bran, flour, salt, brown sugar, and baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl, cream peanut butter and milk. Stir in the eggs and the melted butter.
- Incorporate the peanut butter mix into the flour mixture. Add chocolate chips.
- Spoon into muffin pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until muffins are golden.