Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very yummy and healthy cookies! I like to make half batch with peanut butter chips for my husband whose a peanut butter lover and half batch with chocolate chips and nuts for myself(they go very well with the peanut butter dough)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 3⁄4 cup wheat bran
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix apple sauce with sugar.
- Add egg, mix well.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Add remaining dry ingredients(except chips and nuts); mix well.
- Divide dough into two, mix half batch with peanut butter chips; the other half with chocolate chips and almonds.
- Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Do not overbake to maintain chewy texture.