Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
I have been in love with these bon-bons since I was a little kid, and now my friends have disovered them and keep asking me to make them some. :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shortening (don't substitute butter or margarine)
- Mix first four ingredients together in large bowl until uniform.
- Shape into 24-inch balls, about 2 teaspoons.
- per ball.
- Chill until firm.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in a heavy saucepan over low heat or microwave in a 1-quart microwave-safe bowl on medium (50% power) 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every minute until melted and smooth.
- Dip balls into chocolate mixture.
- Using a spoon to cover each ball with chocolate and a toothpick to pick them back up is helpful.
- Place balls in holly cups or on wax paper.
- Refrigerate until set.
I found this too sweet. It was like biting into sugar crystals. Maybe a bit more moisture and less sugar to blend well.