1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Bon Bons
7 hrs 50 mins
7 hrs 30 mins
My mother has used this recipe at Christmas since the mid 80's. You can substitute chocolate candy coating for the chocolate frosting. Cook time includes time for coating to set.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, combine Vanilla frosting, peanut butter and margarine with a fork until well blended.
- 2Stir in crumbs until well mixed.
- 3Form into 1-inch balls.
- 4Chill 1 hour.
- 5In small saucepan, melt Chocolate frosting over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 6DO NOT OVERHEAT-- THE FROSTING WILL BECOME STICKY AND WON'T SET UP PROPERLY.
- 7Dip chilled balls in melted frosting.
- 8Allow excess to drip off.
- 9Place on waxed paper.
- 10Let stand at room temperature until dry, about 6 hours.
- 11TIP: If the frosting used for coating thickens, gently reheat.
- 12Use leftover coating for dipping dried fruit or nuts.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Bon Bons
Serving Size: 1 (1390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 116.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g