Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
One of the favorite cookes that Mom made at Christmas time! A no-bake recipe.
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs or 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 10 ounces flaked coconut
- 1 lb powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 paraffin wax
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Mix peanut butter with melted butter and mix until peanut butter "Melts".
- Add vanilla, coconut, crumbs, sugar and nuts; mix well.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet, spaced at least an inch apart.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or more.
- Combine chocolate and paraffin in a double boiler. Heat until melted and smooth.
- Dip each chilled ball into the chocolate mixture and return to pan.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 1/2 hour.