1/5 Photos of Peanut Butter Blossoms
Kay Demonbren's Note:
From BH&G Biggest Book of Cookies. I made these tonight after cries of "What's for dessert?" They're all gone. For an extra little treat, make these with the new Hershey's Kisses filled with caramel. YUM! YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In your electric mixer's bowl, beat the shortening and peanut butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds, or until well combined.
- 3Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- 4Beat until well combined and"fluffy", occasionally scraping the sides of the bowl.
- 5Beat in egg, milk and vanilla until well combined.
- 6Beat in the flour.
- 7You may stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon if your mixer doesn't get it all.
- 8Shape cookie dough into one inch balls.
- 9Roll the balls (individually) in the 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
- 10Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 11Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until bottoms are lightly browned.
- 12Do not overbake.
- 13Immediately press a Hershey's Kiss into the center of each cookie.
- 14Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- 15After cooling, hide them from your children, or you won't get any.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Blossoms
Serving Size: 1 (1141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.7
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 4.9 mg
- Sodium 27.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g