1/2 Photos of Peanut Butter Blossoms
I found this recipe from Home Cookin' With Dave's Mom (David Letterman), and it's a keeper. I made some with almond kisses and some with regular, and I used half chunky and half creamy peanut butter. I also substituted butter for shortening because it's what I had. It's a dangerous peanut butter cookie. Serving size is estimated and assumes one cookie, but good luck with that.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together shortening, peanut butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla extract.
- 3Add dry mixture and blend thoroughly.
- 4Shape into balls, using 1 teaspoon dough (the best cookie really is only 1"--I experimented with larger cookies, but they look like they need more chocolate kisses).
- 5Roll balls in granulated sugar to coat and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake 10 minutes at 375.
- 7Remove from oven and press a Hershey's Kiss into each cookie.
- 8Return to oven and bake 2 to 5 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Blossoms
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 69.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g