Recipe by yschaney
These are the best peanut butter blossoms I have ever eaten, They are moist, chewy and have great chocolate taste. I also love to use carmel kisses instead of the regular kisses. If you love blossoms you'll be eating this recipe for years to come and getting tons of compliments!
Top Review by MommaEllen
Tasty cookie, we added about 1/4 cup more flour to make the dough thicker, so we could roll the balls, then baked for about 9 minutes (my oven temp. might be off but I like soft cookies anyways.) These are fun to make with the kids, if you can hide the kisses long enough to make the cookies! I can't wait to make another batch with carmel kisses or hugs, or Reese's mini-cups. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 36 Hershey chocolate kisses (carmel ones optional()
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, in bowl
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine shortening, peanut butter and 1/3 cup of sugar with the 1/3 cup brown sugar and beat well in mixer.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla to the peanut butter mixture and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Gradually add dry mixture to peanut butter mixture while mixing at the same time. Let beat for about 10 minutes. Mixture will get very thick and stiff.
- Once all blended, using a melon baller or your hands, form small balls approximately 1 in by 1 in out of the batter. Roll them in the 1/4 cup of sugar bowl and place them on a well sprayed cookie sheet couple inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes.
- Place a kiss in the middle of each cookie pressing down gently. Cool and enjoy!