These are the best peanut butter blossoms I have ever eaten, They are moist, chewy and have great chocolate taste. I also love to use carmel kisses instead of the regular kisses. If you love blossoms you'll be eating this recipe for years to come and getting tons of compliments!
- Combine shortening, peanut butter and 1/3 cup of sugar with the 1/3 cup brown sugar and beat well in mixer.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla to the peanut butter mixture and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Gradually add dry mixture to peanut butter mixture while mixing at the same time. Let beat for about 10 minutes. Mixture will get very thick and stiff.
- Once all blended, using a melon baller or your hands, form small balls approximately 1 in by 1 in out of the batter. Roll them in the 1/4 cup of sugar bowl and place them on a well sprayed cookie sheet couple inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes.
- Place a kiss in the middle of each cookie pressing down gently. Cool and enjoy!
Tasty cookie, we added about 1/4 cup more flour to make the dough thicker, so we could roll the balls, then baked for about 9 minutes (my oven temp. might be off but I like soft cookies anyways.) These are fun to make with the kids, if you can hide the kisses long enough to make the cookies! I can't wait to make another batch with carmel kisses or hugs, or Reese's mini-cups. Thanks for sharing!